As the BASIS Independent Bellevue school community begins to come together, we will collectively build our set of core values and beliefs. There are three core values that we will take into the start of the school, including the following:
1. Don’t underestimate student potential
- We recognize that young people have a natural intellectual curiosity. That curiosity should be unrestricted.
- We set the bar high. With the right motivation and support, all students can excel.
2. Give student autonomy and agency
- Trust students to choose the right path, the right courses, and the right approach to be successful.
- Create an intellectual learning community that sets its own goals and surpasses them.
3. Equip students with the crucial soft skills necessary for future success
- Develop subject mastery in addition to identifying the interconnected and interdisciplinary nature of intellectual discipline.
- Foster critical thinking, research, interpretive, and analytical skills. Some schools ask: “What?” BASIS Independent Bellevue students ask: “Why?”